Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cedar Tree

I suppose it's foolish to try to write anything of substance with two boys, age 7 and almost 13, playing pool and air hockey downstairs. I keep hearing unidentified crashes and bangs -- and honestly, I prefer to keep them unidentified. It goes something like this:

***CRASH***

Almost thirteen-year old: "My Bad!!"

All righty then. At least we have accountability.

We started out this weekend on a ten-mile trail, and got about a mile and a half of it done before the sole of The Boy's boot detached almost completely. We hiked out, sought duct tape, and drove to the Hocking Hills and did day hikes.

We hiked first at Ash Cave in the Hocking Hills complex. I felt, for a moment, as if I were back in Oregon. The trail back to the falls was lined with fragrant cedar and coated with pine needles. A short hike led us here:



No comments:

Post a Comment