Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Present and accounted for

No, I haven't abandoned ship again. But I'm very much behind the 8-ball in preparing for my trip to Florida tomorrow. We'll be doing an overnight canoe trip on the Santa Fe River in interior north Florida. And if the forecast is correct, we'll be freezing our tails off to boot, though not as badly as we would here.

My images got accepted to a new stock agency last week, so this trip is about continuing to build my stock. I'm still focusing a great deal on Indiana and Florida, though I still have more images from Montana than either of those. I'm very happy about getting images from the interior of Florida, which remains one of my favorite places from the years I lived in Gainesville so long ago.

I pick up T from the airport on Thursday and we're headed straight for a beachside campsite.

I'm irritated to be packing fleece and base layers for a trip to Florida, but like I said, it's a sight better than what we're getting here.

Tales of my adventures will be forthcoming after we get back to civilization this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Have a good trip and travel safe! We'll miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristy. Right now I'm just hoping I get out when I'm supposed to. The Kid's dad is stuck in Minneapolis with the weather, and if he doesn't make it home by tonight AND The Kid's school gets canceled tomorrow I'm in hot soup. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete