Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Headed south

The boyfriend and I are headed out to Tennessee this evening for a hiking trip. I've spent most of the last six weeks ill in one fashion or another, and here is the usual pattern: (1) Get sick. (2) Be sick for a few days, start to feel better. (3) Spend the weekend sleeping in a tent in the unseasonable cold, and/or hang out in a canoe on the water all day in the unseasonable cold. (4) Get sick again.

Repeat two more times.

So, I do realize that I'm opening myself up to yet another relapse, and possibly another two weeks of illness. But whatever. It's fall, the leaves are glorious, and I just want to get to the mountains.

I'll post on the trip when I return, of course.

4 comments:

  1. Just be careful with that Bronchitis. You don’t want ammonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This grandma would advise you to stay home with such a bad cold, but I understand it, once... also I was young and in Dutch we say: "dan kun je tegen een stootje"!
    Ha, ha, do you know what that means?
    Enjoy yourself, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, hm, I was naughty, I was teasing you a bit Jen, in fact :" dan kun jij tegen een stootje", is a Dutch proverb. It means something like: "if you are young you recuperate much better than when you are old"!
    I hope that you recovered well and that you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran, that's funny!

    I'm fine, actually. I think the mountain hiking did me good.

    ReplyDelete